Update (28th October 2014): This project is no longer being developed. I currently have a backlog of paid projects that will have my full attention for the foreseeable future. I would like to thank everyone that has downloaded and supported my addon. The addon will still continue to function as usual, I may make minor bug fixes if anything in the Trello or Outlook API changes, however there will not be any new features added. As usual feel free to leave any questions, comments or issues in the comments below.
Update (16th May 2014): While this addon is free for personal and commercial purposes, a lot of my “after hours” time has been put into supporting, bug fixing and adding features. I would greatly appreciate any donations (below) and feedback! I have started rewriting from the ground up, any feature requests are welcome via comments. Lastly, thanks for the continued support!
Recently I have started using Trello, a free web-based project management application. I like how easy it is to use, however I wanted a solution that would allow me to sync my Trello cards that had due dates, to a caledar in Outlook (then having it on Exchange also). I had a quick Google, but couldn’t find anything that would fit my needs, so the programmer in me said, “Why not create one!?!”. The main things I needed this solution to accomplish was:
- Authenticate with Trello
- Get a list of the users boards
- Allow the user to select the boards to be synced
- Create an Outlook Appointment item for each card using the data pulled from Trello
- Update card if the appointment already exists
- Push updates to Trello (Update card name, due date, description etc…)
So almost 1000 lines of code later and I have my first Outlook Addon, although at the moment I only have it pulling from Trello, I’m about to start looking at the push side to update cards. The source code is available on GitHub or download the installer below. I am still developing this addon, please look at the development board for more information.
This addon is supported via your donations, if you have found it useful, please consider supporting it by donating
Total Raised: $30.00
Many thanks to the following people:
Sateesh B Pedagadi
Last updated: 08/12/2014
Version 0.2.0.6 (Latest)
- Added option to specify the default “Reminder Time”
- Added “Manual Authentication” option for users with Internet Explorer 6, 7 and 8 as Trello has dropped support (Found under File -> Trello)
- Fix problem when text had UTF-8 characters
- Reduce the number of calls to Trello
- Added a background timer to sync at a regular interval
- Inital Release
Bugs and Improvements
Found a bug or want to request an improvement or feature? Use the contact form to let me know or leave it in the comments below! Want to fix the bug yourself, even better! The source code is available on GitHub.